Worship Leader position available (part time)
Wilton Center Federated Church is seeking a part-time worship leader for its Sunday morning services and other periodic church events. Required skills include the ability to lead congregational singing with either a piano or guitar (skills in both instruments preferred) as a solo leader or with other musicians and singers, as the situation may require. Most of all we are looking for someone to elevate our worship on Sunday and help lead us in bringing glory to God.
Responsibilities include weekly music selection, recruiting, training, and shepherding worship team members, coordinating and leading a weekly worship team practice, and occasional extracurricular song leading such joining in ecumenical church service.
POSITION DETAILS—Paid 15-20 hours a week $15,000-20,000 a year salary.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a clear love for God.
- Musically skilled vocally and capable of leading from an instrument (preferred guitar or keys)
- Have a comfortability playing music ranging from hymns to modern music.
- Capable of organizing, managing, developing, and directing volunteer worship team members.
- Highly relational and good communication skills.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Lead music and worship aspect on Sunday mornings, and seasonal church events.
- Collaborate to build a healthy worship team (singers, instruments, and tech)
- Recruiting, training, developing of volunteers
- equipment maintenance and inventory, and set-up/tear down of worship center.
- Work with Lead pastor
- Participate in main events and holidays at Wilton Center Federated Church: Easter, Christmas, VBS, and other
Some musical training
Previous worship experience preferred.